I provide guidance and support for adolescent girls and women
looking to improve their relationships, communication skills, self
esteem, management of emotions, and overall health.
Sometimes we feel stuck in our situations. In order to make
certain changes that positively impact our lives, we need to shift
how we think and how we internalize our problems and stressors.
And, we need to heal from past wounds, hurts, and fears.
Each person is part of multiple systems that interact and impact
their environment. With this in mind, family counseling sessions
may be encouraged to discuss how the family system can
support the young person in achieving their potential.
Having a strengths based foundation, I draw from your unique
assets and from Solution focused, Cognitive behavioral (CBT)
and Narrative therapies (NT). CBT is based on the idea that
how we think strongly influences how we feel and behave. It
assumes that we can change the way we think, feel and behave
with practice. NT addresses the stories we tell ourselves about
how various difficulties impact our lives. By retelling these
stories, we can overcome those that control our lives in
As you share your story (goals, needs, and hopes) with me, we
will consider your emotional, behavioral and spiritual life as well
as the environment that surrounds you. We will look at your
past,present, and future to identify problems and solutions.
We may address...
- Adolescent Issues (Body Image, School, Bullying, Peers, Self-Esteem)
- Life transitions, Goals, Balance
- Motivational barriers and Procrastination
- Anxiety, Depression, Mood Disorders
- Stress, Emotions and Anger Management
- Relationship issues with Partner, Family, Friends, and Others
- Ethnic Identity, Acculturation, Coping style, and Psychological distress
- Career choice, Personal development, and Burn-out